If you thought Edison invented the light bulb or that LED’s are just a passing phase, read on . . .
- 1856 Heinrich Geissler creates a fluorescent light using gas in a sealed tube and an induction coil.
- 1879 Thomas Edison invents the incandescent lightbulb.
- 1927 The first fluorescent lamp is patented by Meyer, Spanner & Germer.
- 1962 Nick Holonyak Jr develops the first light emitting diode.
- 1985 The first compact fluorescent lamps appear on the market.
- 1990 Halogen incandescent lightbulbs are introduced.
- 1994 Shuki Nakamura discovers the first high brightness blue LED, paving the way for white LED’s for general illumination.
- 2007 The UK government announces the phase out of incandescent lamps.
- 2011 European ban on 60W incandescent lamps comes into force.
- 2016 EU target for the complete phase out of halogen lamps or any other with an energy rating below B
With this fast approaching deadline, is now the time for you and your business to transport your lighting out of history?
Don’t get caught in the past, contact S & K Projects for advice and guidance.